JR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Responsible for the creation and execution of all aspects of visual branding, campaign facilitation, retail marketing graphic design relating to the hudson brand. The graphic designer produces original artwork, designs and concepts in multiple styles for multiple mediums to reflect the hudson brand position and image.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Enhance hudson’s brand reputation and effectively articulate brand positioning through graphic design.
- Develop concepts and design materials including product catalogs, ads, flyers, pop, packaging and any other sales, product and marketing collateral.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the hudson brand, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging.
- Collaborate with brand marketing on key initiatives, brand collateral and creative content.
- Develop bold new, emerging designs and enhance existing concepts.
- Estimating the time required to complete projects and acquiring quotes for printables.
- Adhere to timelines and meet all deadlines while producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Create logos and icons for product branding.
- Manage, maintain and archive graphic files, including photos, logos and techpacks.
- Translate verbal or written instructions into effective and compelling design pieces.
- Understand the production process and possess the ability to work with production vendors.
- Campaign billboards
- Digital | Mobile Publications
- Campaign print Ads
- Retail Ads
- Web banner Ads
- Charity Ads
- Business cards
- Seasonal showroom updates
- Presentation decks
- Sample sale assets
- PR digital lookbooks
- Brand presentations
- Promo cards
- Sales team request
- PR needs | Product flats and image request
- Tradeshow collateral
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA in fine arts, graphic design or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in graphic designer role.
- Retail experience strongly preferred.
- Must excel in designing layouts with a great sense of typography.
- Photoshop professional.
- Expert knowledge of cs5 illustrator, adobe suite, dreamweaver, indesign on mac.
- Advanced knowledge of the photographic process is required.
- Advanced knowledge in web applications and executions is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing and executions is desirable.
- Ability to present creative ideas in line with the companies vision.
- Strong communications and collaborative skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking and design skills.
- Must be organized, highly detail-oriented and accurate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork.
- Ability to follow-through and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with multiple channels/groups.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to determine priorities and re-prioritize as needed.
- Must possess a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interest in fashion, photography and advertising.