Responsible for producing innovative concepts and ideas for all visual communications and product of the hudson brand in accordance with the creative strategy, brand tonality, designated target audience, media, communication vehicles and seasonal trending product development. the junior graphicdesigner will design and produce as it relates to the above and be responsible for the quality of the final product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Enhance hudson’s brand reputation and effectively articulate brand positioning through graphic design.
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the hudson brand, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging.
- Research and participate in creating seasonal mood boards pertaining to textile design, trim design, and trends relevant to evolving the visual language of hudson brand.
- Develop concepts and design material including linesheets, sales knowledge catalogs, tech packs, trim development, original textile prints, and any other product collateral.
- Creates and presents print concepts to design team and merchant partners.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications that include printout of designs, repeats, size of repeats, special treatments, print techniques, color swatches, art placement.
- Produces print repeats from final artwork; edits, re-colors and matches color from seasonal color palette.
- Work collaboratively with design room manager on trim costs and lead times.
- Generate fabric request and po request for textile development.
- Interact with vendors as necessary to ensure the timely, cost effective production of all materials.
- Prepare and coordinate printing with printers to ensure all printing details are understood, most cost-efficient methods have been considered, and deadlines are met.
- Adhere to timelines and meet all deadlines while producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Manage, maintain and archive graphic files, textile files, trim development and techpacks.
- Understand the production process and possess the ability to work with production vendors.
LINESHEETS | PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE:
- Manage product images | file system
- Batch all seasonal images for nuorder
- Nuorder (Works with design product manager)
- Custom linesheets (Works with merchandising)
- Product knowledge (Works with merchandising)
- Special presentations
- Image request
- Store decks
- PR digital lookbooks
- Brand presentations
- Promo cards
- Sales team request
- PR needs | Product flats and image request(On model | Ghosted images)
- Research trending trims
- Tech packs
- Research trending textiles
- Cads for presentation boards
- Production pattern layouts
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA in fine arts, graphic design or related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in graphic designer role.
- Must excel in designing layouts with a great sense of typography, hand skills (Drawing, Painting are a plus)
- Expert knowledge of adobe cc: photoshop, illustrator, indesign, bridge, dreamweaver (a plus) on MAC
- Advanced knowledge of the photographic process is required.
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing and executions is desirable.
- Ability to present creative ideas in line with the companies vision.
- Knowledge in trim development and textiles.
- Strong communications and collaborative skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking and design skills.
- Must be organized, highly detail-oriented and accurate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork.
- Ability to follow-through and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with multiple channels/groups.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to determine priorities and re-prioritize as needed.
- Must possess a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interest in fashion, photography and advertising.