The copywriter is an experienced professional who is highly collaborative, leads by example and maintains a positive attitude. this person has a passion for women’s/men’s clothing and understands the nuances of fashion. this person has the ability to prepare words to be used in conjunction with imagery to promote our brand, engage with customers, and strive to entice them to action. responsibilities include ensuring all headlines, product knowledge copy, web content, email and collateral is on brand, relevant, guiding and concise. the copywriter writes in a tone that demonstrates an understanding of the hudson customer mindset. this position will generate fresh ideas on a daily basis.
- Conceptualize, write and provide copy for all consumer touchpoints to reinforce brand voice. oversee assigned projects (including product knowledge), ecommerce (including social media) and retail (including store training materials) from the start of the process to the end.
- Fulfill general copy needs such as – internal documents, company response emails, detailed consumer response letters, the brand dna book, product knowledge book, seasonal marketing stories, press collateral pieces, product descriptions, wash names, etc.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed.
- Adherence to the hudson copy voice and style.
- Implement any needed copy changes for all channels.
- Partner with marketing, proofing all creative efforts.
- Demonstrate an ability to create sales-compelling product copy, page heads, cover copy and other editorial copy in emails, website, social media and other channels.
- Expertise in optimizing seo content for web-based products, homepages, landing pages, category pages, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable work experience and skills.
- 3+ years ecommerce experience.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools such as google analytics.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of retail math.
- Ability to effectively manipulate data using excel and other ms office tools.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in microsoft word, excel, powerpoint is required.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure on multiple projects at different stages of completion, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to resolve or effectively escalate issues.
- Ability to work individually and in a group.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.